Daspletosaurus Gastralia

 

 

 

Also from the cabinet, real Daspletosaurus fragmentary gastralia (“belly ribs”).

 

Daspletosaurus gastralia

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

These fragments were part of an incomplete skeleton of Daspletosaurus torosus (then identified as Gorgosaurus and subsequently Albertosaurus) mounted in 1956 at the Chicago Natural History Museum (now The Field Museum).

Souvenir postcards showing the skeleton (gastralia reconstructed in plaster) as originally mounted in Stanley Field Hall and more recently remounted for the museum’s “Hall of Evolving Life” exhibit.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

One of a series of paleontology-related postcards (below) from Beautyway, this one reproducing a painting by Eleanor M. Kish of Daspletosaurus.

 

NEXT

 

BACK TO THUMBNAILS